Thursday, June 30, 2011

[Saxon Muster] They call it a Shieldwall

Hey,

More painting. But it only took about an hour rather than the two-hour sessions I've been running up until this point. Today I painted on the belts/pouches/scabbards and, more colorfully, the shields. The shields are all freehand and very loosely based off of Saxon designs. But shields are fun and colorful and you get to change it up with each one.

I *totally* forgot to put a happy little tree on one of them, but I'll make a point to do that next time:


Saxon Muster 20110630


Tomorrow I give everyone a dip (a short, easy process that will forgive all my painting sins). Then I have to paint up the bases, give it a matte varnish and that's it. I figure I'll have the unit finished by Sunday.

On Monday, I'll base up the next unit -- gotta keep up the momentum.

later
Tom

No comments: