Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Elbow Room, Elbow Room

Hi,

So things have been very quiet with my miniatures projects. This isn't too surprising since I've spent most of June moving into my house. This is the first house I ever bought with the bank's own money so there's been some adjusting to new circumstances. But now we are moved and the grand unpacking must begin.

As part of this, I need to find a good place to set up a miniature painting area. The new house has an office that I can use, but it's already filled with lot of my gaming/reading/computing stuff and with the carpeted floor, it's a less than ideal space to paint minis.

I'm considering setting up a small table in the basement and providing it with a strong lamp. Although there's not a lot of head clearance for a tall guy like me, I'll be sitting most of the time so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. The basement is also fairly dry so I should be able to leave work in progress down there without too much worry.

I'm also basically starting from scratch with painting supplies/material so I'll need new paints, brushes, etc. I'm also going to pick up a drill and pin vice since I think the Spugnaught will need some pinning in order to fit together properly. I'm hoping to start work on the basic spugs in the 2nd half of July.

later
Tom

No comments: