Friday, April 13, 2012

Boom! Headshot!

Hey,

Another batch of painting finished (I'm really making progress).

Insurgent snipers and heavy weapons


So here we have some Insurgent Heavy Weapon Teams and a brace of snipers. All of these minis are 15mm Peter Pig products. So there's 8 snipers, 3 mortars with two crew and 3 recoiless rifles with three crew. I had a left-over crew guy so I painted him up as a spare leader.

This particular round put me smack up against the "hot dogs vs. hot dog buns" problem. The mortar and recoiless rifles come six to a pack and buying enough crew figures to properly man all of them would've been exorbitant. So now I've got some spare heavy weapons. Luckily, I'll probably roll them into the WarPac forces when I get around to painting them later this year.

I also had a great bit of customer service. When I ordered the figures from Brookhurst Hobbies, the packs containing the crew figures were mis-labled so I got the wrong two packs of Insurgents with LMGs. It was an honest mistake and not the store's fault at all, but they told me to keep the packs and rush shipped me the correct figures. So that was good of them -- I don't really need the extra 16 dudes, but maybe I can trade them away or some other project will come up.

Next up -- Vehicles...lots of vehicles.

later
Tom

No comments: