Sunday, December 16, 2012

Riding in Style with the Red Army

Hey,

  So I've had these finished for a few weeks now and in a fit of "playing with little dudes", I'm just now getting around to showing them off.  You may recall that earlier I picked up a batch of "modern-day" Soviet troops in 15mm.  I finished painting them up but the Soviet Union is a big place and it would take forever for those guys to walk everywhere.  So...


SovietAPC


  My Soviet motor pool.  We have 3 BMP-2s (the tracked vehicles on the left), 3 BTR-80s (the 8-wheeled guys on the right) and 1 BRDM-2 scout car (center-top).  More than enough vehicles to transport my troops and even a scout car to check things out.  I should have enough gear to play out some of the "what-if" WWIII scenarios I have for Force-on-Force now.

  I'm not quite sure what's up next.  I think it's going to be 28mm WWII troops.  The guys I play with seem to have settled on Bolt Action as their "go-to" WWII skirmish game so I'll probably put together some guys for that (probably Soviets as well.  I'd like to do some odd-ball groups (Greek, Hungarian or Romanian troops), but the army lists for those won't be out until the end of the year so I'll pick one of the major combatants to have something to play with -- in the demo game I discovered the partisans aren't much good.

  The other thing I'd really like to do (well...get someone to do for me), is a group of WWII US Marines.  However I'd have them painted with Hawaiian shirts, the LT has a fruity drink in his hand, the machine gun team has their surfboards set up behind them, their amtrak all done up and so on.  I want a "McHale's Navy" unit of Marines.  Plus, win or lose, I'm sure it'd always be fun to play with them.

later
Tom

No comments: