Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Free Market Forces

Hey,

So the last of my 2011 Mountain of Lead was finally painted up yesterday.

Thompson Security Products


These are Thompson Security Products's finest. Thompson Security Products is a private military contractor (PMC) providing high-quality protection for facilities and personnel in parts of the world where the local security situation may be sub-optimal. They can also arrange for kinetic extractions when necessary. They're a pricey outfit but every Security Associate is an ex-Special Forces member (SEALs, SAS, GSC 9, etc.) so it's well worth the money.

Anyway, I really liked painting up these guys. The figures are from Rebel Minis and they include a hostage and two businessmen so we've got someone to rescue/protect.

So yeah, the 2011 mountain is gone. Now the 2012 mountain is rolling in. I've got that Soviet army pack and 25mm fantasy figures I picked up at HAVOC and I've got more insurgent stuff coming in. Going over the scenario books I have, I need another batch of insurgent foot troops and a few heavy weapon teams (mortars, snipers, etc.). The Americans are getting some Hummers and sniper teams. Once this portion of the mountain is finished I've got about 30 scenarios I can just pull guys and go play. The US/Insurgent forces will be complete for all practical purposes and then I can focus on painting up stuff for WWIII scenarios.

later
Tom

No comments: